Great Web Design is not just what it looks like its also getting the site found!
Most people make the mistake of thinking web designs are good because looks great, I have taught Scouts on a district badge weekend how to build a good looking website, do not be impressed it’s getting very easy with content management such as WordPress and pre-made templates, it’s just adding pictures and text and making a menu of your pages that bit is so very simple.
Following these steps, your site will look great and well structured, but is it? what sorts the men from the boys?
- Preparing a design plan, showing the site structure and how the different parts link together.
- Deciding which branding, text, colours and backgrounds to use.
- Laying out pages and positioning buttons, links and pictures, all very eazy with websites made with CMS such as
Drupal, Joomla, Magento,. WordPress
- Adding multimedia, sound, animation and video also eazy with CMS and looks amazing.
- Third-party template systems such as the amazing DIVI Builder for WordPress it even has instruction videos and many premade page templates, ” get you fast great looking building results almost dose everything for you”
Where is the real skill? Analytics and Search Engine Optimization, you can have the best-looking site in the world, but if it’s only found by site name its dead in the water! I see this every day, people that think they have a great site!! But here is the test, don’t use the site name, search Google/Bing/Yahoo to look for what you’re about, with keywords about your website but using your without using your websites name, this is how most people will look, did you get found, if not it’s dead! and a waste of time!!! White Hat Technique SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the key to the internet, get found or its just an online business card!!
A few of my 40+ websites, some as part of Hobby’s and most as a professional web developer all get found…
Take On for a Drive on Google not by name but by what you’re looking to do. Apollo, Estuary and JLS even only find requires on searches in their location as they don’t want enquires from too far away!